Prep time: 5 minutes
- 45ml of Amigos Aotearoa Mezcal
- 30ml of Cointreau (or any orange liqueur)
- 20ml of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Agave nectar or simple syrup for sweetening
- Lime wedge and salt for rimming the glass
- If you would like salt-rimmed glasses, begin by running a lime slice (the juicy part) around the top rim of a glass. Fill a shallow bowl with salt until it is covered with your desired amount of salt. Set Aside.
- Add Amigos Aotearoa mezcal, lime juice, and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker, and shake or stir until combined. Taste, and if you would like it to be sweeter (most people do!), stir in a half teaspoon of agave or simple syrup until the mix reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Fill glass with ice. Pour in the margarita mixture over ice. Serve immediately, garnished with an extra lime wedge if desired.
Recipe from Gimme Some Oven