Prep time: 10 minutes
- 45ml of Amigos Aotearoa Mezcal
- 60ml of fresh orange juice
- 30ml of fresh lime juice
- 3 dashes of orange bitters (for extra orange flavour)
- 1-3 teaspoons of orange liqueur, simple syrup, or agave nectar.
Spicy Rim Ingredients:
- Tajín Clásico Seasoning
- 2 parts kosher salt, 1 part chilli powder
- To prepare your glasses - pour some Tajín (or mix your/chilli powder) on a small, rimmed plate. Run a wedge of lime around the top of each glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt blend at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the mezcal, orange juice, lime juice, orange bitters (if using) and optional sweetener (I usually prefer mine without – you can always add to taste after shaking). Securely fasten the lid and shake well.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared glass and garnish with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Recipe from Cookie and Kate