The Mezcal Sunset
Prep time: 40 minutes (including cooling time)
Pomegranate Syrup Ingredients:
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 30ml Amigos Aotearoa Mezcal
- 30ml dry sparkling white wine
- 60ml orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed and strained
- To make the pomegranate syrup – cook pomegranate juice and sugar in a small pot over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved, and liquid is slightly reduced - about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a heatproof container, and chill until cool – about 30 minutes.
- Pour mezcal, sparkling wine, and orange juice into a rocks glass filled with ice. Top with 1 Tbsp. of pomegranate syrup.
Note: pomegranate juice can be made up to 7 days ahead; chill in an airtight container.
Recipe from Epicurious.